U.K. That was fun.

Closed Thread
Unread 04-25-2024, 08:49 AM
Veteran member
Default U.K. That was fun.

So I saw an article today about Megan Markle and her attempt to sell herself, I mean her Jams and Jellies.

Soooo, for giggles, I used my search engine to find the web address to the Buckingham Palace shops (shoppes?). For about 4 pounds (and 20 shipping!) I bought Mrs. EDJ a nice jar of Buckingham Palace strawberry preserves. Megan Markle can jump off a cliff, pound sand, kick rocks.

Added some other stuff to the cart since I was already eating the shipping. Sent with a gift message: "F Megan Markle, Go Richmond FC!"

Hopefully, the Palace sells more of their stuff than the Montecito Ingrate does this month

That was fun.
Chino 1960's to 1976, Torrance, CA 1976-1983, 87-91, 94-98 / Frederick Co., MD 1983-1987/ Valencia, CA 1991-1994/ Brea, CA 1998-2002/ Dana Point, CA 2002-2019/ Knoxville, TN 2019-Current/ FL 2022-Current
Unread 04-25-2024, 10:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,120 Times in 5,364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
So I saw an article today about Megan Markle and her attempt to sell herself, I mean her Jams and Jellies.

Soooo, for giggles, I used my search engine to find the web address to the Buckingham Palace shops (shoppes?). For about 4 pounds (and 20 shipping!) I bought Mrs. EDJ a nice jar of Buckingham Palace strawberry preserves. Megan Markle can jump off a cliff, pound sand, kick rocks.

Added some other stuff to the cart since I was already eating the shipping. Sent with a gift message: "F Megan Markle, Go Richmond FC!"

Hopefully, the Palace sells more of their stuff than the Montecito Ingrate does this month

That was fun.
Why anti megan? She was great on Suits
Unread 04-25-2024, 11:57 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Why anti megan? She was great on Suits
Good to know the Royals had no problem allowing a grifter into their fold. She's pathetic. Once TikTok vanishes from the landscape, so will her proverbial 15 minutes of fame!

Team Kate!
Unread 04-25-2024, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Good to know the Royals had no problem allowing a grifter into their fold. She's pathetic. Once TikTok vanishes from the landscape, so will her proverbial 15 minutes of fame!

Team Kate!
I am not a Megan Markle fan either. She did quite a bit of damage while she was a Royal and now she's trying to get rich from her connections. Agree that she was great on Suits.....saw season one and two.
Unread 04-25-2024, 11:44 PM
Gold member

The "Royal Family" have been living off the British taxpayers for hundreds of years...Are they now forced to earn a living?
Unread 04-26-2024, 03:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,420 Times in 2,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorTech View Post
The "Royal Family" have been living off the British taxpayers for hundreds of years...Are they now forced to earn a living?
The Royal Family put more into the UK Exchequer than they take out. A lot more.
How much does a President cost?
Unread 04-26-2024, 07:14 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Ridiculous
You want us to compare a ceremonial throne to a super power Presidency? The Royals controlled revenue, what did they put into it? Just their infrastructure (ie Buckingham Palace etc) is an excess. Since I'm assuming youre a part year resident of both, the Sovereign Grant (taxpayers) isn't a miniscule line item for residents. All of which there is no election and today it remains ceremonial in practice. The fact that you want to compare the two shows you have a limited understanding of how each 'office' actually impacts its citizens.

*Note to moderator. I didnt ask the question!
Unread 04-26-2024, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,542 Times in 3,117 Posts

Quote:

That was fun.
Nothing says "American Spirit" like expressing hatred for a celebrity and overpaying for another country's mundane products instead of supporting stuff made in your own country.

Good on you. You should post pictures of the moment after you cut off your nose to spite your face.
Unread 04-26-2024, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,683 Times in 1,515 Posts

Quote:
Well said. Most of us here have no real understanding of the British Royalty. Many of us over simplify their existence in terms of storybooks or as exalted "pets". Glad I am a plain old U. S. CITIZEN and not a Royal.
Unread 04-26-2024, 09:39 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Well said. Most of us here have no real understanding of the British Royalty. Many of us over simplify their existence in terms of storybooks or as exalted "pets". Glad I am a plain old U. S. CITIZEN and not a Royal.
As one should be!
Unread 04-26-2024, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,683 Times in 1,515 Posts

Quote:

That was fun.
So, you bought some? How did you like it? Did you have tea, crumpets with clotted cream?
Unread 04-26-2024, 11:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
So, you bought some? How did you like it? Did you have tea, crumpets with clotted cream?
Please!
Scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream.
Unread 04-26-2024, 12:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Ridiculous
You want us to compare a ceremonial throne to a super power Presidency? The Royals controlled revenue, what did they put into it? Just their infrastructure (ie Buckingham Palace etc) is an excess. Since I'm assuming youre a part year resident of both, the Sovereign Grant (taxpayers) isn't a miniscule line item for residents. All of which there is no election and today it remains ceremonial in practice. The fact that you want to compare the two shows you have a limited understanding of how each 'office' actually impacts its citizens.

*Note to moderator. I didnt ask the question!
I made a simple, factual statement, that the Royal Family are net contributors to the UK exchequer, and that the Presidency is a net loss.
The Royals certainly cost a lot, of course, but the revenue they generate is more.
Crown Estates own all the properties, not the Royal family, and they get nothing from all the revenue the properties generate.
WTH. my domicile or tax status, or the job descriptions of either system have to do with your diatribe, I have no idea.

*Note to Moderator. I did ask the question.
Unread 04-26-2024, 12:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Nothing says "American Spirit" like expressing hatred for a celebrity and overpaying for another country's mundane products instead of supporting stuff made in your own country.

Good on you. You should post pictures of the moment after you cut off your nose to spite your face.
A). It was for laughs;
B). If cutting off my nose created enough laughs to border on hysterical, I might consider it;
C). Whether I buy her overpriced crap or the UK's overpriced crap, they are both not Americans. Remember- she became a UK citizen when she married Prince Hypocrite;
D). I don't like her sense of entitlement, greed, or haughtiness.

So yes - I would rather spend a few bucks to see if maybe the very institution who respects loyalty and hard work might top her numbers. She is quick to try to throw things in the monarchy's face, it would be entertaining to have it (sales numbers) bounce back and pop her in her own nose.

I'm no Anglophile, but if you've seen any early seasons of The Crown or any documentary of the royal family, QEII truly did sacrifice her existence (although a rather padded one) and nearly every hour of every day to her citizens. I admire that.
Chino 1960's to 1976, Torrance, CA 1976-1983, 87-91, 94-98 / Frederick Co., MD 1983-1987/ Valencia, CA 1991-1994/ Brea, CA 1998-2002/ Dana Point, CA 2002-2019/ Knoxville, TN 2019-Current/ FL 2022-Current
Unread 04-26-2024, 06:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,120 Times in 5,364 Posts

Quote:
Please!
Scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream.
Can I hold the cream and just have blueberry jam?
Closed Thread

Tags
palace, megan, markle, stuff, shipping

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.