New Lanai Screens

Old 04-25-2024, 07:24 PM
Default New Lanai Screens

I would like to replace my lanai screens and frames to the newer panoramic type. Currently I have six "bays" of screens. With the newer type there would be three. I want to change both the metal frames and the screens and install a more substantial screen door.

Has anyone made this conversion and can recommend a "trusted" contractor to do the work?
Old 04-26-2024, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,800 Times in 1,258 Posts

Get some estimates.

The structure for panoramic screens uses more substantial extrusions to handle the added wind loads.

Permits showing engineering for stronger frame may be needed so don't be surprised if this require's replacement of the entire structure to meet current code.

All Around Aluminum does good work.

Home | All Around Aluminum

Last edited by Altavia; 04-26-2024 at 07:22 AM.
Old 04-26-2024, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,186 Times in 2,265 Posts

I agree with above about ARC review and permits, as for the project we recently used A+ Screens for screen replacement project, price was very reasonable, and they were very knowledgeable about the replacement screen. As I recall they also do new projects, and from what you are describing I think you will be doing a complete replacement.
Old 04-26-2024, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I agree with above about ARC review and permits, as for the project we recently used A+ Screens for screen replacement project, price was very reasonable, and they were very knowledgeable about the replacement screen. As I recall they also do new projects, and from what you are describing I think you will be doing a complete replacement.
Correct, I want to remove all of the old metal screen frames and replace it with new.
Old 04-26-2024, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
My current screens are starting to get small holes and I know I can get them replaced but I would like to upgrade to the panoramic type and yes I understand I'll need to get ARC approval and the proper permitting to do this type of job.

Tags
screens, newer, type, lanai, frames

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.