Your Help and Advise is needed

Old 04-25-2024, 10:37 AM
Veteran member
Default Your Help and Advise is needed

Bought a replacement Kitchen Aid wall oven at Lowe's. My oven is 12 years old. Relay board not working. Since the Villages put the oven in my new house at the time, Kitchen Aid has changed the height of the oven by 1/2 inch. Lowes informed me today that I would need to hire someone to cut the opening for this new oven. I have no idea who to contact to do this. Lowes does not do it. Any recommendations, guidance would be most appreciated. TIA
Old 04-25-2024, 10:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,763 Times in 5,266 Posts

A cabinet company, like Galaxy Kitchen Cabinets should be able to do it.
Old 04-25-2024, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,919 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
Bought a replacement Kitchen Aid wall oven at Lowe's. My oven is 12 years old. Relay board not working. Since the Villages put the oven in my new house at the time, Kitchen Aid has changed the height of the oven by 1/2 inch. Lowes informed me today that I would need to hire someone to cut the opening for this new oven. I have no idea who to contact to do this. Lowes does not do it. Any recommendations, guidance would be most appreciated. TIA
Do not use Lowe's to install, contract with a cabinet company to install the stove, and thank us all later. If you don't believe this random poster, do some searches for Lowe's installations, and Home Depot installations. . .

good luck
Old 04-25-2024, 12:16 PM
Sage

You might start with the cabinet company who first installed the cabinets in your house, although any cabinet company should be able to do it. Better that the new oven is too big than too small! We may have to do that soon; our wall oven is going on 16 years and we use it every day.

What is it with circuit boards? Our HVAC air handler circuit board burned up, our Whirlpool circuit board shorted out and there was no replacement made any more. We ordered a refurbished model which my husband installed. Has worked for two years flawlessly.
Old 04-25-2024, 12:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,186 Times in 2,265 Posts

Quote:
If you do not find any company to help, contact me (PM preferred) and I will be glad to come out and see if I can help, I have several saws, planes, chisels, etc.
Old 04-25-2024, 12:27 PM

Quote:
If that is something they told you at the store they are probably wrong. We went thru the same issue a few years ago and they was no issue with the new one going in.
Old 04-25-2024, 01:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,919 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
Get out your tape measure, measure the opening, or find the opening requirement in the old user's manual, and compare with the requirement of the new oven.

That's why you don't throw out user manuals for permanently installed items until they are uninstalled.! Or just google the user manual for the model and read for the opening measurements.
Old 04-25-2024, 03:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63chevy View Post
If that is something they told you at the store they are probably wrong. We went thru the same issue a few years ago and they was no issue with the new one going in.
Lowe's sent the installation company Crumes to measure the present opening and oven. According to Lowes my opening is 1/2 an inch too short for the size of the new Kitchen Aid wall ovens.
Old 04-26-2024, 04:54 AM
Veteran member

Take it back and buy one the correct size
Old 04-26-2024, 05:12 AM

What’s the matter with boards there made in China case closed.
Old 04-26-2024, 07:35 AM

I had an 11 year old double wall oven that was not working and I had to replace a it. The wall ovens are not a standard size -- the sales people are unable to advise you about which oven will fit in the opening. I spoke to the designer for the kitchen replacements at Home Depot. She indicated that they could send someone to my home to do the measurements and if I purchased a wall oven the cost would be part of the installation cost. Once she had the measurements -- she told me which ovens would fit in the opening. The oven was installed by Home Depot and it fit in the opening without any modifications. Just a word of advice if you have a wall oven.....
Old 04-26-2024, 07:48 AM

I would contact Baileys Kitchen Design because they probably installed the kitchen when the house was new.
Old 04-26-2024, 08:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
If you do not find any company to help, contact me (PM preferred) and I will be glad to come out and see if I can help, I have several saws, planes, chisels, etc.
If there is a "Village Citizen Of The Year" award, VT should be getting that damned near every year. Always volunteering to assist, guy is a giver.
Chino 1960's to 1976, Torrance, CA 1976-1983, 87-91, 94-98 / Frederick Co., MD 1983-1987/ Valencia, CA 1991-1994/ Brea, CA 1998-2002/ Dana Point, CA 2002-2019/ Knoxville, TN 2019-Current/ FL 2022-Current
Old 04-26-2024, 11:34 AM
Default You need a surge protector. A whole house surge protector would be a good start.

A whole house surge protector would be a good start.

When power comes on and off, from the power company, it causes a very small carbon build up on the chips.

This carbon could overheat the circuit.
Old 04-26-2024, 12:08 PM

That's one of the silliest things I've ever heard!

Tags
oven, lowes, aid, kitchen, opening

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.