Pickleball Equipment?

Old Yesterday, 08:35 AM
Default Pickleball Equipment?

Hi All

Coming down for a couple of weeks. Just like to know if paddles and balls are available at the courts for use?

Thanks

Old Yesterday, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,346 Times in 2,708 Posts

Yes, all rec centers has equipment, some equipment has sign out. Balls and paddles don’t have to be signed out at most rec centers. Just go to equipment room and select paddle balls are on courts in baskets.

Old Yesterday, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Yes, all rec centers has equipment, some equipment has sign out. Balls and paddles don’t have to be signed out at most rec centers. Just go to equipment room and select paddle balls are on courts in baskets.
Thank you

Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM

When I first arrived in The Villages I used the paddles at the Recreation Center. I said paddles because they are in terrible shape with two handles held onto the paddle faces with only tape. Find some paddles online or at a store that sells sporting goods and you’ll thank yourself.

Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,361 Times in 827 Posts

Yes, they have paddles and balls for you to use.

Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,071 Times in 1,439 Posts

These guys are based here, and have good deals on demo/cosmetic defect paddles in their store.

Pickleball Paddles | Engage Pickleball – EngagePickleball

Old Today, 05:45 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,263 Times in 934 Posts

I've had to use one of those free paddles in shed of the pickleball courts and it wasn't that bad. If you're not happy with them, here's a place you can rent lots of different high end ones for a week at a time, it's the Softball store in The Villages.

Old Today, 08:00 AM

Have a good pair of court shoes, safety glasses, baseball style hat or similar, loose athletic shorts & shirt that doesn't inhibit your movements. Paddles at Rec center are decent, but of course not top end, but good for anyone starting out and playing for a week. Engage pickleball always has good quality paddles on sale from bins with blemished paddles that they manufacture on premises. Good Luck.

Old Today, 10:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
I've had to use one of those free paddles in shed of the pickleball courts and it wasn't that bad. If you're not happy with them, here's a place you can rent lots of different high end ones for a week at a time, it's the Softball store in The Villages.

They replaced all the wooden one with fiberglass/compost ones about 6 years ago or so. When I got here rec center I visited had wooden paddles. They should be all gone by now.

Old Today, 10:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamley View Post
Have a good pair of court shoes, safety glasses, baseball style hat or similar, loose athletic shorts & shirt that doesn't inhibit your movements. Paddles at Rec center are decent, but of course not top end, but good for anyone starting out and playing for a week. Engage pickleball always has good quality paddles on sale from bins with blemished paddles that they manufacture on premises. Good Luck.
I agree don’t wear walking/Hiking shoes, good way to twist angle and some mark up courts which saying non marking tennis shoes only.

Old Today, 02:14 PM
Veteran member

A list from some pickleball-knowledgable folks of some good, solid, middle-of-the-road equipment recommendations would be well appreciated, I am certain.
Chino 1960's to 1976, Torrance, CA 1976-1983, 87-91, 94-98 / Frederick Co., MD 1983-1987/ Valencia, CA 1991-1994/ Brea, CA 1998-2002/ Dana Point, CA 2002-2019/ Knoxville, TN 2019-Current/ FL 2022-Current

Tags
pickleball, courts, balls, paddles, equipment

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.