Caly sounds like a siren in golf cart

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Sage
Default Caly sounds like a siren in golf cart

I posted this picture in another thread. I am starting this thread as I did not wish to hijack the golf cart picture thread and am also curious about other dog owners experiences with their dogs in golf carts.

Does your dog love to ride in the golf cart?

Caly is possibly the worst dog in TV when it comes to riding in a golf cart. I watch with envy as others take their dogs around TV. Caly is a great dog in all aspects dog worthy, come, stay, being in control off leash and she loves riding in a car, but she is a lunatic in a golf cart. I can only describe it a excited nervous, tail going fast, very tense and whining . If we cruise around town square you WILL hear us coming, probably wondering what the is that. I built that carrier in the picture for our Par Car thinking Caly would be quieter as she loves riding in the back of a car. All the carrier has done is put her whining at the height of my ear. She now rides on the floor of my Club Car. The closet thing to the whine she makes is the noise that was emitting from me when I did Space Mountain 10 years ago.

The funny thing, you would swear she loves to go for a ride the way she gets into the cart. There is no fear what so ever. If I sit in the cart she will watch me... waiting for an invite. I say come on.... and bam into the cart she comes. As we start to roll she starts to make noise. I honestly cannot decide if she likes the ride or not and I cannot put my finger on what turns a calm dog into an excited one in her case. It is just a bit embarrassing around populated areas

I wish to be clear, this is a not a big issue, but I am curious if I am the only one that owns a dog that does not love to ride in a golf cart.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030322.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	100  
Old 02-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Sage

aj, your description of Caly's behavior fits Sandy to a 'T'. (Sandy's my wife...................)

I'm sure I'll pay big-time for this when word gets back to her......

Hee-hee!

Bill
Old 02-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Administrator

aj,

I was discussing Caly with Mrs. Tony. She said the golf cart is probably making a high-pitched noise that Caly can hear, yet normal humans can't. And Caly loves to ride, but does not like the sound. Electric motors do whine, you know.

When Mrs. Tony reached this conclusion I said, "Yes, dear," and figured I better post this so she doesn't think I am not following orders.

I hate when she is right.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony View Post
aj,

I was discussing Caly with Mrs. Tony. She said the golf cart is probably making a high-pitched noise that Caly can hear, yet normal humans can't. And Caly loves to ride, but does not like the sound. Electric motors do whine, you know.

When Mrs. Tony reached this conclusion I said, "Yes, dear," and figured I better post this so she doesn't think I am not following orders.

I hate when she is right.
Funny, I thought the same thing.
That Mrs. Tony is one smart lady.

AJ,
Maybe you could take Caly for a ride in a gas cart, see if she whines.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalen View Post
Funny, I thought the same thing.
That Mrs. Tony is one smart lady.

AJ,
Maybe you could take Caly for a ride in a gas cart, see if she whines.
Well at least in a gas cart no one could hear anything

Thankyou for that idea. I had not thought of the whine of the motor and will do some testing.

BTW, three people have suggested that (one in a PM) and I appreciate it. I will watch her closely next time and I sure can try a gas cart. My gut feel is this is not it as she "seems" most content when we go fast, I mean 19.9 MPH . She is loudest as we slow, then stop and go. I believe there is a definitely a sensitivity to things like solenoids, micro-swicthes, brake releases, etc. which make clicking noises. When she gets in with me she hops up on the seat, spins, both front feet back on the floor and stares at the Go Pedal

BTW, none of this has kept Caly from seeing most of TV existing and yet to come by golf cart.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Veteran member

Maybe you could take my cat along to calm her down......Now that would be interesting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.