Enclosure for Club Car

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2010, 07:02 AM
Sage
Default Enclosure for Club Car

I am looking to replace the enclosure on my Club Car. The enclosure that came on the cart is getting old. It is a soft side (rolls up) and hangs in a track.

I notice there are two types of "soft side" enclosures on carts around TV. One is a track-style like mine that hangs in a track and the other is called "standard" (in Buggies Unlimited) and goes over the roof. I have never seen the style that goes over the roof up close.

I have two questions:

Does anyone have an opinion on the track-style versus standard enclosure?

Is there someone local that anyone can recommend to either sell me an enclosure and possibly install it? I am happy to buy a Sunbrella from a catalog, but always prefer using a local business if the price is competitive.

Thanks for any info.

Last edited by ajbrown; 10-29-2010 at 07:04 AM. Reason: AJ never get it right first time
Old 10-29-2010, 08:12 AM
Gold member

We have the over-the-roof kind on our used cart - I think it looks like the cut-rate version and don't like it as well as the track-type ones I've seen. Also, it doesn't seem to fit as tightly.

We replaced a couple of snaps 2 years ago - the repairman said that because it doesn't fit as tightly, when the back side part (between the seat and the back) is left down and snapped, that the wind catches it and weakens the snap connection.

We now need to replace 2 of the snaps on the driver's sideflap.

Of course, these snap issues all occurred when tenants using it, so not sure how careful they were about snapping on and off.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

give scott or vickie a call at:

Grandpa and Grandma's Village Buggies The Villages, FL
(352) 552-8454 or
(352) 552-8478

they are located on hiwy 441 just north of the villages and they are fine people who make/sell a great cart! We bought ours there and had some custom work done subsequent to the sale - scott treated us fairly!

scott and vickie live in the villages - but - they do not work on wknds. if you leave a msg, scott will call ya back - it might be late in the day, but he'll call ya!

Old 10-30-2010, 05:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post
We have the over-the-roof kind on our used cart - I think it looks like the cut-rate version and don't like it as well as the track-type ones I've seen. Also, it doesn't seem to fit as tightly.

Stuff cut out of original post.
Thanks, that is helpful. I was driving around last evening looking for an over the top enclosure to inspect more closely. Every cart I saw with a premium enclosure was the track style. I guess that alone should tell me something.

njbchbum, Thanks, I agree about Scott, he is always on my short list.

Last edited by ajbrown; 10-30-2010 at 05:44 AM. Reason: everytime it neeeds to be changed
Old 11-04-2010, 05:41 AM
Sage
Default One more try

Bumping just in case someone that has a recommendation for a local person near TV that does golf cart enclosures missed this thread.

Thanks
Old 11-04-2010, 06:10 AM
BOMBERO
Default Take a look

http://www.golfcarcatalog.com/infopa...la/options.htm
Old 11-06-2010, 12:45 AM

We are in the process of trying to decide if we want to replace the enclosure on our 2004 electric cart, so we have been checking around some. We're also entertaining the idea of trading the cart in for a new gas cart, but while we're deciding we wanted to get our options for a new enclosure.

While I've talked to several places advertising in the paper, we actually took a drive up to Belleview to Quality Goft Carts Enclosures & More (352-693-3376). Owner is Eugene, and the website is www.QualityCartEnclosures.com.

We wanted to actually see their work, and they have several carts on the premises on which they have installed new enclosures. From everything we saw, they do very nice work, and it's all done right there in their shop. You pick out the material, they make the enclosure, he comes to pick up your cart, installs the enclosure and returns your cart, usually within a day. I believe the price he quoted for all was $675 for a standard cart. They only use Sunbrella material.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy48 View Post
We are in the process of trying to decide if we want to replace the enclosure on our 2004 electric cart, so we have been checking around some. We're also entertaining the idea of trading the cart in for a new gas cart, but while we're deciding we wanted to get our options for a new enclosure.

While I've talked to several places advertising in the paper, we actually took a drive up to Belleview to Quality Goft Carts Enclosures & More (352-693-3376). Owner is Eugene, and the website is www.QualityCartEnclosures.com.

We wanted to actually see their work, and they have several carts on the premises on which they have installed new enclosures. From everything we saw, they do very nice work, and it's all done right there in their shop. You pick out the material, they make the enclosure, he comes to pick up your cart, installs the enclosure and returns your cart, usually within a day. I believe the price he quoted for all was $675 for a standard cart. They only use Sunbrella material.
Thank you, I will take a ride over. It will be helpful to talk to someone to understand options available.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Default New Sunbrella enclosure

We recently had our 2001 cart re-manufactured, including new Sunbrella enclosures. We used Master's Golf Carts on Rt. 441 and across from The Markets of Marion. They did a beautiful job and we thought the price was fair. After about a week, I noticed I had a couple more snaps on one side and not on the other. I called to question them and they sent a guy right out to put the extra snaps on...did the work in about 15 minutes in my garage...no charge. Very conscientious and professional company.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:43 AM
Sage

This post is to update this thread in case someone finds it via a search and could use the info.

Thanks for the recommendations; I have talked with 3 places.

All three offer a quality enclosure. All enclosures I looked at have side panels, back draft panel, golf club fold down cover, wind dam for above windshield. I have always had good experiences using Scott, I have yet to use the other two.

In the end I am likely going with Eugene. I have enjoyed talking carts with him and I like the flexibility of not buying a premade enclosure. Since they cut/sew their own, I can make some modifications to how the enclosure attaches. I also do not want the roof and seat cover which is not the way Scot sells it. If I look strictly at pricing:
  • Scott: $850 for the whole package, including enclosure, seat and roof cap.
  • Masters: $650 (also quoted $695 once) for enclosure, $185 for seats, $150 for roof cover, $45 for pickup/dropoff cart
  • Eugene: $650 for enclosure, $100 for seat, $100 for roof cap.

Hope that helps. If you use Eugene, please tell him Alan from TOTV with the 2002 Club Car sent you.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Sage
Default Eugene finished enclosure

I post these for folks I know out here interested in my Club Car project. Finally got the enclosure and paint done by Eugene at Quality Enclosures. I may start a thread with description of effort, costs, etc. if I get around to it and most importatnt if anyone is interested . Pretty happy all in all, lots if fun and learning happened during this project. For the full project pictures of this cart see here:

http://s1002.photobucket.com/albums/...view=slideshow

Here is the final look:

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Old 04-28-2011, 11:13 AM
Sage

Impressive, aj! You da man!!

Bill
Old 04-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Sage

WOW. That is a beautiful cart.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:47 PM
nkrifats

Great job on the cart
Old 04-29-2011, 06:27 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Great job with all the right added features. I know you bought a used 02 club car for this project. It seems you basically ended up with a new 02 cart with a modified drive system. You did all the work yourself. Would you mind sharing what the total cost of the project ended up at? You have new batteries, lifts, new tires, balanced load for accessories, LED lights, new paint and enclosure and lots of sweat equity and probably some extras I can't see in the pictures. Got a fabulous cart.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.