TV Map

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Default TV Map

My wife and I are about 6 -7 years out from retirement and are kicking around ideas of where we may want to winter. My wife has an aunt and another aunt and uncle that own in TV. We did not know it was soooo large and would like to know where we can find a map of the whole area that lables all the different villages. We have considered starting to look down there and may visit with them next spring as a starting point. Thanks in advance and we do like this site.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Sage

First of all, welcome to Talk of the Villages (TOTV).

Try these links and see if this helps. It is done in two maps. One is north of county route 466 and the other map is south of county route 466.

http://www.districtgov.org/yourdistr...es%20North.pdf

http://www.districtgov.org/yourdistr...es%20South.pdf
Old 09-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Sage

This should help too.

http://www.districtgov.org/yourdistr...map/index.aspx
Old 09-20-2010, 05:29 AM
Veteran member

When you come for a visit, you will be able to buy a large $5 map that shows everything.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:52 AM
Veteran member

AAA in TV also has maps of TV.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:14 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum8156 View Post
When you come for a visit, you will be able to buy a large $5 map that shows everything.
Or call the office and order it over the phone and they'll mail it to you.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdVinMass View Post
Or call the office and order it over the phone and they'll mail it to you.
I haven't had the AAA map but I am a map person and will periodically buy a new map, the one for $5 that they sell at The Villages Mercantile. It is upgraded as new villages are added. There have been five villages added in the last two years!

The only complaint that I have is that they easily "wear out" and tear along the folded edges.

We love to drive around the new areas and see what they are doing. It is amazing how fast a field turns into streets and houses. (Not seen in this economy in many places!) In fact the growth is one of the fun things Sweetie and I enjoy about The Villages.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Eternal Member

The AAA map that I have is not as good as the Villages map - but it was free. I am due for an upgrade pretty soon. Because of the development in the Villages, I like to wait a while to make sure that they have the latest version available.

And, I do not know about Villages Mercantile, but if you get the map at a country club/pro shop there is a 10% discount. Hey - 50 cents is 50 cents in my book.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefer View Post
My wife and I are about 6 -7 years out from retirement and are kicking around ideas of where we may want to winter. My wife has an aunt and another aunt and uncle that own in TV. We did not know it was soooo large and would like to know where we can find a map of the whole area that lables all the different villages. We have considered starting to look down there and may visit with them next spring as a starting point. Thanks in advance and we do like this site.
Hi Reefer,
I see this is your first post, so .
The maps BK linked for you are a great place to start. I agree with others in recommending you purchase the $5 map too, either by phone or when you get here. As you mentioned, TV is quite large and it's easier to get a sense of whole with a larger, spread out map.

Now, I am curious about your user name. Does it reefer (sic) to what I think it reefers (sic) to?
Old 09-20-2010, 08:00 PM
Sage

Reefer, If you call Market Square Merchantile at 352-753-2129, tell them you want order the $5 Villages map, they will take your credit card number over the phone, and send the map to you via U.S. Mail in about 5 days. It's well worth the price.

Laura
Old 09-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Sage

Here's a simple map that gives you the general locations of all the villages.
http://thevillages4rent.com/maps/
Old 09-24-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Here's a simple map that gives you the general locations of all the villages.
http://thevillages4rent.com/maps/
This is a handy little map to have. Thanks for posting!

Trudy
Old 09-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Sage

I was just down TV for a visit and purchased a map, ($5), from the Sales & Information Office in Lake Sumter that included golf cart trails that was a better quality, (magazine type paper), than the one given out for free by the AAA.

If you plan on studying the map, order one through the Sales Office. I find it saves time to study the map so you can quickly find your way around TV without getting lost. Time is a precious commodity for your first visit as time will fly by.

There are some posts that have excellent suggestions for things you might want to do for your first visit.

Most of all, enjoy every minute of your planned visit.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post

Now, I am curious about your user name. Does it reefer (sic) to what I think it reefers (sic) to?
I had a feeling I would be asked about the name...I comes from sailing in the Virgin Islands while we were drinking rum and hanging out near reefs at Marina Cay
Old 12-17-2010, 12:28 PM

bkcunningham1, Thanks for the info on the site for maps - been very helpful. Have been looking at the areas and homes and wanted to know about how far of a golf cart ride it is from say: Santiago to Spanish Springs or Poinciana to Sumter Landing Hard to get a feel from looking at it on map...Thanks again.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.