Carpet Cleaning

Closed Thread
Old 09-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Default Carpet Cleaning

Hello. We are new to The Villages with a preowned home. We had planned to rip out the carpet (which is wrinkled and with dark areas in the traffic paths) and replace with laminate. We did have Dave's Carpet Cleaning come do an estimate on stretching the carpet and cleaning it, so we made an appt to have that done. This gave us more time to research the flooring and decide if we want to recarpet eventually or do laminate or engineered hardwood. Anyway, after reading some really negative posts about Dave's (from two years ago) we wondered if anyone has used him recently and what their experience was. Should we cancel or go forward?? Thanks for any input!! Cynthia
Old 09-24-2010, 12:35 PM

friends of ours used Dave's in the last year and they were not happy with his service.

I just got an estimate from eco power plus, husband and wife seem very professional but my 1000 sq ft of carpet will cost $325. scotch guard included. That seems a bit pricey to me but I really don't know........
Old 09-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Sage

Steve Burstock, Lotto Carpet Cleaning, 352-552-5418. Nice guy, amazing prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynkr67 View Post
Hello. We are new to The Villages with a preowned home. We had planned to rip out the carpet (which is wrinkled and with dark areas in the traffic paths) and replace with laminate. We did have Dave's Carpet Cleaning come do an estimate on stretching the carpet and cleaning it, so we made an appt to have that done. This gave us more time to research the flooring and decide if we want to recarpet eventually or do laminate or engineered hardwood. Anyway, after reading some really negative posts about Dave's (from two years ago) we wondered if anyone has used him recently and what their experience was. Should we cancel or go forward?? Thanks for any input!! Cynthia
Old 09-24-2010, 12:45 PM

Have also used Steve at Lotto Carpet Cleaning - and he does a great job and is very reasonably priced. Have recommended him to friends and they also have been happy. And he is a village resident.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Sage

I used Steve Burstock also on Bares recommendation, and he did a fantastic job ! He actually removed old pet stains from our carpet.. Great guy, great carpet cleaner!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

we used steve - and decided we really did not need new carpet! what a job he did! we also have steve powerwash our house and driveway annually! can't say enough good about him and his work. and he is on time and calls you back! ask if he still has his 3 room special.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Smile Another Happy Customer

Checked out TOTV for carpet cleaning. A few members used & recommended Steve Burstock Called Steve today. Came over after lunch, he had just finished up another job. Beautiful work. Carpet looks fantastic. Excellent price, great work, thanks to the previous members for passing his name along. He'll be seeing allot more positive comments as word of mouth gets out.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Sage

Try a company called chem-dry. It is a franchise co. owned by home depot, and they use a different process using carbonation and a whole lot less water than conventional hot water/steam systems. Supposedly dry in a couple of hours.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:39 PM

Steve cleaned my carpet today also, super nice guy, very resonable and the carpet looks great!!!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:07 PM

Does Steve/Lotto Cleaning move the furniture or does the homeowner have to do that? How long does it take to dry before it can be walked on? I assume there is some sort of water/steam involved with the cleaning.

It's just about two years and I have one of these so it's time to get it cleaned! Thanks for the info.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:18 PM
Veteran member

Used Chem-Dry through Home Depot. It was awful.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:54 AM
Sage

Thanks for your reply, I just heard about the company here in Mass, and they had a pretty good pitch. I guess its all about the franchise operators.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:27 AM
Platinum member

We used Chem Dry in our house here in VA just prior to listing for sale. We were very pleased with the results. As mentioned above, it could be the franchise owner or operator that is not performing properly.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 10-25-2010, 04:30 PM
Default Carpet cleaning..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post

Do you know if they do steam cleaning or extraction...
Thanks!
Lynn
Old 10-25-2010, 08:03 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post

I recommend Steve 100% - the best carpet cleaner I have ever had.

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.