LED lite/turn single strip not working

Old 04-26-2024, 06:46 AM
Default LED lite/turn single strip not working

I have a 2015 Yamaha with the typical led strips on the front fender. White light on when head lights are on, yellow blinker when I turn my blinker on. One side stopped working and died I think.

Where can I find a replacement part. Any tips on re wiring it?

Thanks
Old 04-26-2024, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,196 Times in 2,268 Posts

I helped a neighbor with this, he found the replacement strips at the Market of Marion, I helped with the installation. I would suggest getting 2 strips as you will probably not be able to exactly match your existing strip. The strips cab be connected under the dash, or at the headlight assembly. After you take off the old LED strips, make sure to completely clean the area where the new strip will be installed with alcohol or similar cleaner. I think the LED strips need to be 20 inches but be sure to measure your existing strips as some of these cannot be cut to size.

Also, be very careful of getting these from Amazon, the neighbor ordered 2 sets, and BOTH were so old that the peel away backing had become one with the double stick tape and we could not get the backing off to mount the LED strip.

Last edited by villagetinker; 04-26-2024 at 08:36 AM. Reason: hit enter to quick
Old 04-26-2024, 11:19 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,255 Times in 364 Posts

I would first check to make sure a connecting wire has not come loose before I went any further. We had LED lights installed on my wife's cart and the crimp on connection came loose in just a few months.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else

Tags
led, blinker, working, tips, side

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.