National Debt increased 4 trillion under Obama

Old 08-22-2011, 09:29 PM
n/a

Default National Debt increased 4 trillion under Obama

The latest posting by the Treasury Department shows the national debt has now increased $4 trillion on President Obama's watch.
The debt was $10.626 trillion on the day Mr. Obama took office. The latest calculation from Treasury shows the debt has now hit $14.639 trillion.

It's the most rapid increase in the debt under any U.S. president.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...04-503544.html
Old 08-22-2011, 09:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagegolfer View Post
The latest posting by the Treasury Department shows the national debt has now increased $4 trillion on President Obama's watch.
The debt was $10.626 trillion on the day Mr. Obama took office. The latest calculation from Treasury shows the debt has now hit $14.639 trillion.

It's the most rapid increase in the debt under any U.S. president.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...04-503544.html

I posted a Thread as to where the money went!!! As I said... You aren't reading... Here is where the money went!

Bush Spending vs Obaman Spending

There is a link. Go to it... read it.... The question isn't the spending.... The question is Why the Spending???? Where is the money going.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:07 PM
n/a

Folks,
Just a gentle reminder that discussing another poster unfavorably is against the rules.
Please discuss the TOPIC, not the posters.

I realize this is the political forum, where passionate viewpoints are often expressed, but respectfulness and politeness is still expected. Being adults here, I'm sure we have it within ourselves to articulate our viewpoints in a non-condescending, respectful manner.

If by chance there is someone here on the forum whose posts really "push your buttons" to the point where it may be difficult for you to comply to the rules, there is always the "Ignore feature".

Many may not know about it, but you can go to your "User CP" up in the upper left corner here and click "Edit Ignore list". From there you can add a posters name and you will no longer "see" their posts.

It is a feature that I personally do not see the need for, but for some it may make our forum a more enjoyable place to participate in.

Thank you! Carry on.....

Frank
Old 08-23-2011, 05:13 PM
n/a

Faithfulfrank: Are you the ADMIN or are you a moderator? You took me by surprise. Did I miss a sticky?

Respectfully,

Villagegolfer
Old 08-23-2011, 05:32 PM
n/a

Dear Villagegolfer,

I apologize. As you know, the forum has a new Administrator. He has asked a few folks here to volunteer as Moderators. I am one of them.

He has asked me mainly because I have had many years experience Moderating a very large, active, world-wide forum, and have experience with this forum software, etc.

I know the Administration is in the process of letting folks know of these small changes, and perhaps it is not yet widespread knowledge. My intent was not to confuse at all.

Myself and the other Mods are all new at Moderating this forum. Our goal is to be as non intrusive as possible while insuring the forum maintains the high level of quality it has had for a very long time.

Moderating is not always black and white, and we may not get it right all of the time. In this thread, there were a couple of posts that were not quite as kind as we usually see. They discussed the poster rather then the topic....so I deleted them.
The next two posts were referring to those now deleted posts, so I deleted them, as they were now "orphaned".....pertaining to posts no longer there.

Again, I'm sorry if I caught you by surprise. When posts are reported, the Moderators get an e-mail alert, so a reported post can be looked at, and if deemed necessary be dealt with.

Respectfully,

Frank
Old 08-23-2011, 05:39 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulfrank View Post
Dear Villagegolfer,

I apologize. As you know, the forum has a new Administrator. He has asked a few folks here to volunteer as Moderators. I am one of them.

He has asked me mainly because I have had many years experience Moderating a very large, active, world-wide forum, and have experience with this forum software, etc.

I know the Administration is in the process of letting folks know of these small changes, and perhaps it is not yet widespread knowledge. My intent was not to confuse at all.

Myself and the other Mods are all new at Moderating this forum. Our goal is to be as non intrusive as possible while insuring the forum maintains the high level of quality it has had for a very long time.

Moderating is not always black and white, and we may not get it right all of the time. In this thread, there were a couple of posts that were not quite as kind as we usually see. They discussed the poster rather then the topic....so I deleted them.
The next two posts were referring to those now deleted posts, so I deleted them, as they were now "orphaned".....pertaining to posts no longer there.

Again, I'm sorry if I caught you by surprise. When posts are reported, the Moderators get an e-mail alert, so a reported post can be looked at, and if deemed necessary be dealt with.

Respectfully,

Frank
I wish you luck but it seems to me you are asking to be driven in a circle by a few posters on here. Dont like the post, report it and send you to look at it and hope your mood is....

Again, good luck...very surprising news...I suppose the moderators are kept quiet until.......how many or who
Old 08-23-2011, 05:45 PM
n/a

Thank-you for your prompt response. I have already seen a huge improvement here. Good luck and keep up the good work.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:48 PM
n/a

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulfrank View Post
Dear Villagegolfer,

The next two posts were referring to those now deleted posts, so I deleted them, as they were not "orphaned".....pertaining to posts no longer there.

Respectfully,

Frank

Hi Frank,

Congratulations on the promotion. . .

Keep the faith....
Old 08-23-2011, 05:58 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags123 View Post
I wish you luck but it seems to me you are asking to be driven in a circle by a few posters on here. Dont like the post, report it and send you to look at it and hope your mood is....

Again, good luck...very surprising news...I suppose the moderators are kept quiet until.......how many or who
Rags, I think it is a breath of fresh air that we will now have a forum where we can discuss issues without attacking each other. I understand that it gets heated here on Political and everybody says thing under their breath about other posters, but sometimes we have to pause after reading a post and think before we attack a poster.
I have attacked people here and then gone back and delete it after I have calmed down. I get it: liberals make conservatives angry and vice versa. We have an election coming soon and there is going to be alot of heat. I hope we can have our opinions posted here without fear of personal attacks. In the end, we are all in this together and we are all villagers or want to be villagers. I know I will personally try harder to keep on subject. Thanks for reading my rant.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:04 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagegolfer View Post
Rags, I think it is a breath of fresh air that we will now have a forum where we can discuss issues without attacking each other. I understand that it gets heated here on Political and everybody says thing under their breath about other posters, but sometimes we have to pause after reading a post and think before we attack a poster.
I have attacked people here and then gone back and delete it after I have calmed down. I get it: liberals make conservatives angry and vice versa. We have an election coming soon and there is going to be alot of heat. I hope we can have our opinions posted here without fear of personal attacks. In the end, we are all in this together and we are all villagers or want to be villagers. I know I will personally try harder to keep on subject. Thanks for reading my rant.
My post was not meant to be negative at all. I just suspect there are a few posters who will delight in having the calvary come in as often as they can whether they are succesfull or not. I dont post here much because it seems that some just want to be mean spirited. I wish for the best !
Old 08-23-2011, 07:33 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags123 View Post
My post was not meant to be negative at all. I just suspect there are a few posters who will delight in having the calvary come in as often as they can whether they are succesfull or not. I dont post here much because it seems that some just want to be mean spirited. I wish for the best !
I do not understand but there was a time in my past where I was on a political forum and there were people who jockeyed for favor with the moderators. This is different here because it is really not a dedicated political forum. This is a place that just happens to have a political forum.
People who converse here will converse in the General forum.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:46 PM
n/a

Default Thankful

We should just all be grateful to be able to have the freedom to say what we think without putting someone else down for exercising that freedom. And, we should all be eternally grateful to those who have fought and died to preserve it.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:17 AM
n/a

Both of my grandparents fought in World War II. Both of my brothers served this country as well. One did over 20 years in the Army and served multiple tours on the border of North and South Korea and places like Bosnia and Somalia.

I respect freedom of speech and I respect those who have fought and died for those freedoms. This is a private forum and those who would like to participate in threads and posts accept the terms and conditions of the site as they register for those privileges and which are subject to change at any time to maintain the respect of each poster and the friendliness of the site.

We have historically allowed more leeway in the Political Section of the site but will continue to maintain a position that everyone should agree to disagree at the end of the day and not direct a post toward the poster but maintain the topic.

If you have a post that is of concern please click on the red triangle in the upper right corner so we can review and most often address privately with the user. This is the preferred method to you responding and creating a flamed situation that results in user account posting bans. Please let us know if we can assist at any time with any situation and thank you for your participation on TOTV.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:54 AM
n/a

I recall when the previous administration decided to remove the political forum from the "general readership" and make it a specific subscribe to forum hence supposedly insulating those who did not like what they were reading (and obviously could not seem to refrain from continuing opening political subjects/posts).

Since then the political forum has sorted itself out with those who post on topic as well as those who continually get personal. Sort of a self moderating that gets some to leave the kitchen when it gets too hot.

Now that there is obviously a movement toward moderation/controlling of the posters intents on the political forum, should it be returned to general status?

It has always been puzzling to me why political was sorted out to be a special membership because I figured other folks like me who have no interest in a subject/topic/forum just don't go there/open the posts they dislike!

I for one have observed the self policing of the personal attackers. I dislike personal attacking and off topic. Like most, I just ignore that which does not follow. I am a firm believer of open expression and the Truman's concept of
"if you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen" and I would add, don't go in there in the first place.

Always wondered and am again.

btk
Old 08-24-2011, 10:21 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post

Now that there is obviously a movement toward moderation/controlling of the posters intents on the political forum, should it be returned to general status?

.......... I am a firm believer of open expression and the Truman's concept of
"if you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen" and I would add, don't go in there in the first place.

btk
I agree, way too much deleting of posts and shutting down threads with the new admin and moderators.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.