Golf Car - Buying out of the state, Out of the Bubble

Old 04-22-2024, 09:54 PM
Default Golf Car - Buying out of the state, Out of the Bubble

Anyone bought a Golf Car out of state (that delivers to TV) or outside of the area that they would recommend? I know I have read in the past about others doing this, but all my key word searches failed to find any threads of interest.
Old 04-22-2024, 10:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,109 Times in 2,761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbear View Post
Anyone bought a Golf Car out of state (that delivers to TV) or outside of the area that they would recommend? I know I have read in the past about others doing this, but all my key word searches failed to find any threads of interest.
We bought a 2022 Yamaha Quiet Tech from Country Villages Power Equipment in Webster, FL. They were a great company to deal with, did an excellent job custom building the cart to our specifications, and delivered the cart to our Villages home. We easily saved $4k versus the Villages Golf Cars and they come to your house to do a complementary oil change and go over the entire cart after 30 hours of use. I planned on buying a stripped cart and customizing it myself, but after pricing the necessary parts it was just as cheap to have them build the cart the way I wanted it and the labor was free when they built the cart. Also, after about 6 months I discovered a problem with the turn signal/headlight module and they came to our house and installed a brand new one two days later under full warranty. I would highly recommend checking them out.
Old 04-23-2024, 05:19 AM

We bought our 2024 Yamaha from Villages Elite golf carts on 44 next to the Brownwood hotel. Sam was friendly, non-pushy, and worked with us to include the options we wanted on the cart. Good price too! He even includes free annual service on the cart. So far, we’ve been quite pleased with the experience there.
Old 04-23-2024, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbear View Post
Another vote for Country Villages. Get the soft snaps. Save thousands.
Old 04-23-2024, 06:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,689 Times in 975 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
We bought a 2022 Yamaha Quiet Tech from Country Villages Power Equipment in Webster, FL. They were a great company to deal with, did an excellent job custom building the cart to our specifications, and delivered the cart to our Villages home. We easily saved $4k versus the Villages Golf Cars and they come to your house to do a complementary oil change and go over the entire cart after 30 hours of use. I planned on buying a stripped cart and customizing it myself, but after pricing the necessary parts it was just as cheap to have them build the cart the way I wanted it and the labor was free when they built the cart. Also, after about 6 months I discovered a problem with the turn signal/headlight module and they came to our house and installed a brand new one two days later under full warranty. I would highly recommend checking them out.
Likewise, I used Country Village in Webster. I bought my cart from them 5 years ago. Saved a few thousand $, and they come right to my door for service. When the 1,000 hour (or so, I don't remember exactly) service was due they had to take it to the shop. They pick it up, they bring it back...They do charge a $40 premium now for service at the house. I am not sure they used to do that.
Still, happy with the service, and the price.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:20 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,250 Times in 363 Posts

Yes, I bought mine in Alabama and towed it here during the time we were part time residents.

I saved about $2,000 compared to buying at Villages Golf Cart. The only glitch is getting warranty service. I used Carts and Clubs in Ocala when my secondary clutch failed. They agreed to do it only AFTER I spoke with the manager and explained it was not purchased locally.

TV Golf Carts were smart enough to not refuse service since it was under factory warranty. However, they tried to give me an appointment 7 months in the future so it was the same as refusing. Carts and Clubs came to the house 3 days later and repaired it on site.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 04-23-2024, 12:31 PM

Have others shipped a cart in from out of state or any larger Florida cities?
Old 04-23-2024, 05:32 PM

I also saved several thousand dollars by buying with Country Village in Webster.

My only gripe is the quality of their accessories isn’t that great. I’ve had my cart for 18 months now and the LED’s went out about a month in, they replaced them and the new ones are now they’re falling apart (the clear rubber covering over the strips has has started to come off).

The top has come unstitched in several spots and you can tell it was barely sewn together along the very edge of the fabric and it’s simply pulled apart.

Hike naked, it adds color to your cheeks!
Old 04-23-2024, 06:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,109 Times in 2,761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freehiker View Post
I also saved several thousand dollars by buying with Country Village in Webster.

My only gripe is the quality of their accessories isn’t that great. I’ve had my cart for 18 months now and the LED’s went out about a month in, they replaced them and the new ones are now they’re falling apart (the clear rubber covering over the strips has has started to come off).

The top has come unstitched in several spots and you can tell it was barely sewn together along the very edge of the fabric and it’s simply pulled apart.
Wondering if you got a Monday morning build? Over 250 hours on our cart with only one minor issue, a loose/bad crimp on a ground wire that was an easy fix. I did pop a couple of seems on the enclosure fabric but that was my fault. I added aftermarket seats after the enclosure was custom built and the armrests on the new seats are wider than the originals and stressed the fabric. Lesson learned, don’t have a custom built enclosure made until the aftermarket seats are installed. Fixed the fabric tears with some clear shoe goo and the enclosure is good to go.
Old 04-24-2024, 04:57 AM
Veteran member

go to 466 and see The Villages Discount Golf Carts Store, next to Birdies Golf, which by the way is NOT associated with the villages. Why pay the expense for shipping from out of state?
Old 04-24-2024, 05:20 AM
Default Whats the price here?

It would help to know what the price is around here. For reference how much does a brand new 2024 yamaha gas 4 seater cost in the villages? I looked online and in a neighboring state can find them for $10,200. That includes blinkers and horn, etc. just no rain curtains. Those would be extra.
Old 04-24-2024, 06:02 AM

I bought mine in Ocala, JB carts, I bought a basic 2019 yamaha. That ran great then they tweeked it out for my budget. saved money.They have been great, pickup and delivery.
Old 04-24-2024, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I thought I was the only one who bought at Country Power. Now, I see I was not alone.

The price was, roughly, $3K less than The Villages, and the same, or less, than a rebuilt cart from Villages Discount. Country Power has provided excellent service at our house, with a wait-time for an appointment of 1-2 weeks.

It's an interesting drive to Webster through "old Florida". The store is unique, being an old feed and seed store that was built with large wood beams. It is across from the Webster Markets, a large "flea market", if that sort of thing interests you.

One of my regular golfing partners got a deal similar to ours at Carts and Clubs in Ocala. However, his enclosure has regular "snaps" in the fabric while ours have the "soft touch" fasteners, which I highly recommend. Regular "snaps" are both harder to fasten and remove and, all too often, the fabric around the snap is torn if one is careless.
Old 04-24-2024, 07:14 AM

Mods.. Can you please due your job. Delete all posts about buying local. The question was about buying out of state but without your help, the question will never get answered
Old 04-24-2024, 07:22 AM

Wholesale Golf Carts ,,
15740 US-441, Summerfield, FL 34491
Free labor everafter to original qwner, pay for parts as needed.
Fetch and deliver for servicing.

Tags
golf, car, state, find, threads

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.