House Adjacent to Rec Center

Old 05-04-2024, 09:52 AM
Default House Adjacent to Rec Center

Okay let’s explore another ‘what if’. Looking for first hand thoughts on having a house that’s directly adjacent to a regional rec center. I guess smaller ones as well. Pros/cons. I imagine living near pickle ball courts could be maddening, but what about the other end? What if there is a berm or shrubbery dividing. Anything else.
Old 05-04-2024, 10:11 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,715 Times in 459 Posts

Pros of being close to rec center - Walking distance to pools/pickleball/shuffleboard/other activities, and maybe walking trails. Walking distance to your postal station. As the crow flies, I am three blocks from the pickleball courts. As I type this, I’m sitting on my outdoor screened-in lanai. Now that I’m “trying” to listen for pickleball noise, I can barely hear a faint pinging. I love my location close to the rec center. I live in a villa on a corner lot. On the side of my house facing the street is a high berm, that is beautifully landscaped, and maintained by the developer. A high hedge has grown across the top of the berm, which also has three tall, mature palm trees along with flowers that are changed out every three months. . It all feels like “my” personal property which gives me a wonderful view and loads of privacy.
Old 05-04-2024, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakster66 View Post
Okay let’s explore another ‘what if’. Looking for first hand thoughts on having a house that’s directly adjacent to a regional rec center. I guess smaller ones as well. Pros/cons. I imagine living near pickle ball courts could be maddening, but what about the other end? What if there is a berm or shrubbery dividing. Anything else.
Might do a search as I know it’s been discussed, yes, Pickle Ball courts and don’t forget if it has a mail depot then all the cars n carts with extra traffic leaving at night will shine in your window if the house is pointed in the right direction.
Old 05-04-2024, 10:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,764 Times in 1,540 Posts

Next to a rec center.
The pros. You are close to the rec center. 🙂
The cons. You are close to the rec center. 🤬

Let your imagination run wild.
Old 05-04-2024, 10:24 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,416 Times in 1,462 Posts

We were considering a home across the street from the center so we walked around, sat on a bench, watched and listened.. After about an hour we decided that it was way too noisy and way too much traffic in and out. Glad we passed on it.
Old 05-04-2024, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlR33 View Post
Might do a search as I know it’s been discussed, yes, Pickle Ball courts and don’t forget if it has a mail depot then all the cars n carts with extra traffic leaving at night will shine in your window if the house is pointed in the right direction.
I did do a search. It was not fruitful.
Old 05-04-2024, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,400 Times in 2,409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakster66 View Post
I did do a search. It was not fruitful.
Building near Pickleball Courts?
Old 05-04-2024, 01:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,175 Times in 5,398 Posts

Value peace and quiet too much to be too close to congestion.
Old 05-04-2024, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
You’ll notice I am wondering about rec centers on the whole. I’m not concerned solely about pickleball courts per se. But thank you for drilling down on a search for one of many elements that make up my specific question. Good information regardless.
Old 05-04-2024, 03:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,631 Times in 957 Posts

It depends on you…..

The rec center are active starting around 7AM until early evening. If you are active and out of the house most of the day, you probably wont even notice. When you are home in the evening, not much is going on. Remember, the entire Villages shuts down at 9.
Old 05-04-2024, 04:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,175 Times in 5,398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
It depends on you…..

The rec center are active starting around 7AM until early evening. If you are active and out of the house most of the day, you probably wont even notice. When you are home in the evening, not much is going on. Remember, the entire Villages shuts down at 9.
But lots of traffic, cars and golf carts going to and fro
Old 05-05-2024, 05:05 AM
Veteran member

and.....dog walkers all around the center and the mail station. Barking? maybe.....maybe not
Old 05-05-2024, 05:32 AM

Run run run from a location near rec centers, mail box depots, busy corner lots, pickleball courts, and power line line of sight homes. Our village has 2 homes that have been for sale for months because of the busy streets (corner lots) and directly across the street from a mail depot. Terrible location. All day you have rec center noise from pickleball, water polo, water aerobics, etc. When we were looking for a house, our realtor took us to a few homes that backed up to the large power lines, we didn’t even get out of the car.

Remember, location, location, location is the best criteria for buying real estate. Even if you said you wouldn’t mind the noise of a rec center, interstate or 301 noise, or backing up to a mail depot, if you try to sell your house, the new buyer might not want any of that, so your house sits on the market much longer than normal.
Old 05-05-2024, 06:38 AM

There are rats, more than usual lurking around looking for food from all the events. That was a complaint my friend had as they chewed his screened birdcage. He was close to the rec center. After an event with catered food the door to Seabreeze in back was open and I saw a big, I mean big, rat scurry along the wall and go behind the stage. I alerted the attendants when I left.
Old 05-05-2024, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msilagy View Post
There are rats, more than usual lurking around looking for food from all the events. That was a complaint my friend had as they chewed his screened birdcage. He was close to the rec center. After an event with catered food the door to Seabreeze in back was open and I saw a big, I mean big, rat scurry along the wall and go behind the stage. I alerted the attendants when I left.
We have rats? Hahaha 800k homes with RATS???

Tags
house, rec, center, adjacent, pickle

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.