Homeowners Insurance

Unread 05-05-2024, 07:37 AM
Default Homeowners Insurance

I like probably many others have been informed that your current policy will not be renewed.
The Villages Insurance is whom we went to to get our current policy on the home we bought new ten years ago. They have come up with one or two suggestions with whom we could use for a new policy. One is over $1k above our current policy, which they recommend, and the other has about the same premium.

Question: if you have had your policy discontinued, with what insurance company did you end up going with?
Unread 05-05-2024, 09:20 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1mack View Post
I like probably many others have been informed that your current policy will not be renewed.
The Villages Insurance is whom we went to to get our current policy on the home we bought new ten years ago. They have come up with one or two suggestions with whom we could use for a new policy. One is over $1k above our current policy, which they recommend, and the other has about the same premium.

Question: if you have had your policy discontinued, with what insurance company did you end up going with?
Have not had this problem YET. This problem is going to continue and will be getting worse. I did check with State Farm. They will not insure anything over 20+/- years old, regardless of construction quality. Villages Insurance is an agent and I would stick with their recommendations.
Unread 05-05-2024, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,264 Times in 2,287 Posts

If you or your financial advisor has access to A.M. Best, have them check out the insurance company, then you can make an informed decision, policy cost may not be the best way to choose similar polices you need to consider the stability of the insurance company.
Unread 05-05-2024, 01:30 PM

A number of home insurance companies have been approved to enter the Florida market, so hopefully they will bring some relief (and lower rates).
Unread 05-06-2024, 04:23 AM

I have a new home here, so I haven’t faced the issue of non-renewal; however, when I was shopping for insurance prior to closing, I faced similar issues with certain companies not writing policies here, or that had a less than stellar AM Best rating.

I was pleased to find out that USAA would write a policy here and the premium was just slightly more than some B rated companies.

I also found that some of the companies that were recommended by The Villages insurance were not A. M. Best rated at all; they were rated by Demotech whom I’d never heard of before. Not suggesting that they’re bad companies, I just couldn’t find out enough about their solvency to make me feel comfortable about purchasing a policy.

At the end of the day I went with USAA. They buttoned things up nicely with Home, Auto, Golf Cart and an umbrella policy.
Unread 05-06-2024, 04:26 AM

We were not renewed by Progressive and went to State Farm, transferring home, auto, golf cart, and umbrella. The new premium total came out to less than what we had been paying. Your results may be different because of things like credit score and whatever else the insurance company uses in calculating the premium.
Unread 05-06-2024, 04:31 AM

Quote:

Hi. We were looking at buying a preexisting home in TV and this agency had the best insurance quotes.

Linda@preferredinsurance.llc

If you send her an email, she will be able to quote you. After reading these kinds of posts, we've decided to buy new construction. The insurance market should right itself soon since several new companies have entered the FL market. There's a new company called Slide and they had very low rates; however, no track record on handling claims. Good luck in your search.
Unread 05-06-2024, 05:15 AM
Veteran member

That would be a no regarding rates.
Unread 05-06-2024, 05:25 AM
Veteran member

Poor communication from The Villages Insurance. Took my business elsewhere.
Unread 05-06-2024, 05:25 AM
Veteran member

Every year I call several people to get a quote for all of our insurance needs. Usaa, AAA, State Farm and the villages group. TV insurance was the cheapest by a few hundred $$, with reputable companies. As I remember, USAA does not write their own home insurance, they partner with somebody.
Unread 05-06-2024, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmurano View Post
Every year I call several people to get a quote for all of our insurance needs. Usaa, AAA, State Farm and the villages group. TV insurance was the cheapest by a few hundred $$, with reputable companies. As I remember, USAA does not write their own home insurance, they partner with somebody.
That may have been true in the past - not sure. I can attest that my policy is written by USAA, not an affiliate.
Unread 05-06-2024, 05:50 AM

Try Allstate for better sinkhole and hurricane coverage
Unread 05-06-2024, 06:13 AM

Not true USAA still writes their own policies in certain Florida counties. Having been a USAA member for over 45 years. What I like about USAA they send you a nice check at the end of the year.
Unread 05-06-2024, 06:13 AM

Quote:

I use an insurance broker all the time. Here in FL I am using

INS SERVICES OF CENTRAL FLORIDA INC
PO BOX 952764 LAKE MARY, FL 32795
(941) 722-6086
INFO@ISCF.BIZ

Sarah moved me multiple times as situations changed. They worked directly with my Colorado company when I have homes and cars still there plus a home and car here in TV. Saved me $1000s annually.

Tell her Bryan in TV recommend her…
Unread 05-06-2024, 06:17 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,880 Times in 795 Posts

Quote:

I’ve used Jessica Pendry, letting her make the choice for me. She’s good.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6323.jpg
Views:	712
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	104002  

Tags
current, insurance, policy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.